Congratulations to all our boys and girls on their amazing performance in our spelling bee. We commend each and every one of you for participating in this years spelling bee which was very different from what you are accustomed to. Despite this, you all excelled and have set a record high for the amount of medals that will be distributed when we are able to have our award ceremony!
Third, fourth and fifth grade students with a perfect score advanced to their classroom championship which took place yesterday. Much appreciation to our teachers for giving these students the opportunity to participate in a traditional style spelling bee! We are extremely proud of our students for all their efforts yesterday. Many of our classrooms exhausted the extensive official Scripps Spelling Bee word lists in the quest to declare a class champion.
Next Wednesday our class champions and runner up will battle it out, via zoom, in our PS16 Cornelia F. Bradford Spelling Bee Championship. We wish you all the very best of luck!
- 3rd Grade, Room 302: Winner – Gabriel Cheng Runner Up – Ayn Kim
- 3rd Grade, Room 301: Winner – Aarushi Raju Runner Up – Siya Khandelwal
- 3rd Grade, Room 309: Winner – Vasilii Negodin Runner Up – Ethan Santosh
- 4th Grade, Room 308: Winner – Idris Jones Runner Up – Swara Tempalli
- 4th Grade, Room 307: Winner – Smriti Govind Runner Up – Vedant Hamirwasia
- 4th Grade, Room 306: Winner – Anshuman Bagaria Runner Up – Avani Musale
- 5th Grade, Room 303: Winner – Abhinav Swain Runner Up – Nishka Bansal
- 5th Grade, Room 304: Winner – Shyla Singal Runner Up – Tanmayee Hingmire
Without financial assistance from our parents , the CPA of PS16 would be unable to provide opportunities like the Spelling Bee to our students. We thank you for continuing to support our students. Pledges for students who participated in the Spelling Bee can be made via this link: Spelling Bee Pledges