ADDRESS & CONTACT INFO:
Cornelia F. Bradford School, P.S.#16
96 Sussex Street
Jersey City, NJ 07302
Phone – 201-915-6450
Fax – 201-915-0724
PRINCIPAL – Terry Watkins-Williams
CONTACT THE PARENT COUNCIL:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.ps16cpa.net
SUBSCRIBE to our Emails by entering your email address in the box at the top right of the home page on the website (or bottom on mobile) and clicking the ‘subscribe’ button.
As of July 2019, we no longer use the Remind app. Details on a replacement will be emailed when they are available.
- In Person: CPA HOUR Every Tuesday 8:30 – 9:30AM in the school auditorium
DROP OFF & PICK UP
- STUDENT DROP OFF Time: 8:30 AM
- ***(8:00 AM school bus arrives for PreK students to take them to their designated district locations) On days of Delayed School Openings, buses arrive 90 minutes after their scheduled time, approximately 10:00AM
- STUDENT PICK UP Time: 2:45 PM for K – 5
- *** (2:45PM school bus brings back PreK students) On days of Early Dismissal, busses arrive at 12:45PM
JERSEY CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT LINKS
- Facebook – The School District of Jersey City
- 2018-2019 District Calendar
- Attendance Awareness
- Religious Holidays Permitting Absence
- Anti-Bullying Policy 5131.2
UNIFORM POLICY & DRESS CODE:
- Every Day Uniform is Royal Blue polo tops & Khaki bottoms (Pants, Dresses, Skirts/Skorts)
- Appropriate footwear, comfortable sneakers or boots recommended (no sandals, heels, or open-toed shoes)
- Shorts (knee-length) may be worn after June 1, or once the Principal announces
- School logo is not mandatory on the every day Royal Blue polo tops
- No inappropriate jewelry/accessories
- Gym/Physical Education Uniform is Navy Blue T-Shirts w. printed school logo (logo mandatory, can be purchased through the Parent Council, CPA) and navy blue sweat pants (logo not mandatory)
- Sneakers are REQUIRED for Gym Class (wearing inappropriate footwear for Gym class will result in a student not participating)
*School uniforms can be purchased through any preferred retailer or via the Parent Council (CPA), by ordering online, or by completing the UNIFORM ORDER FORM and submitting it to your child’s teacher or a CPA member.
*Uniforms with the school logo can also be ordered online through FrenchToast: http://www.frenchtoast.com/ancillary/schools/specificdresscode.do?SchoolID=54693
INCLEMENT WEATHER DAYS:
- All Kindergarten students will report to the Cafeteria.
- 1st -5th grade students will report to the Gym.
- All K-5 classes will be dismissed outside.
- Please do not report to the classrooms at dismissal for pick up.
- Robocall from the District – provided the school office has your telephone number on file. (Sometimes the call comes in as early as 5AM on the day of the snow-related closing)
- jcboe.org – District website posts weather advisories and resulting school closings/delays on their home page
- Follow “The School District of Jersey City” on Facebook for weather advisories and all other district news
- Twitter – Follow JCBOE at https://twitter.com/jcps_district
- Call P.S#16 school main office starting from 7:45AM at (201) 915-6450
- Jersey City Public Schools Android App on Google Play