Cornelia F. Bradford School, P.S.#16
PRINCIPAL – Terry Watkins-Williams
ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL – Asael Salgado
PARENT COUNCIL CONTACT INFO
SUBSCRIBE to our Emails / Newsletter by entering your email address in the boxes at the top right of the home page on the website (or bottom on mobile) and clicking the ‘subscribe’ button. Please make sure to confirm your subscription.
- In Person: CPA HOUR – Every Tuesday 8:30 – 9:30AM in the school auditorium
DROP OFF & PICK UP
- STUDENT DROP OFF: 8:30 AM
- ***(8:00 AM for PS16 Annex at Danforth students to the school buses. On days of Delayed School Openings, buses depart 90 minutes after their scheduled departure time, approximately 9:30AM)
- STUDENT PICK UP: 2:45 PM (Regular Dismissal) / 12:45 PM (Early Dismissal)
- *** (Approximately at 2:45PM school buses bring back PS16 Annex at Danforth students. On days of Early Dismissal buses arrive at approximately 12:45PM)
UNIFORM POLICY & DRESS CODE
- Every Day Uniform is Royal Blue polo tops & Khaki bottoms (Pants, Dresses, Skirts/Skorts)
- Appropriate footwear, comfortable sneakers or boots recommended (no sandals, heels, or open-toed shoes)
- Shorts (knee-length) may be worn after June 1, oe3r once the Principal announces
- School logo is not mandatory on the every day Royal Blue polo tops
- No inappropriate jewelry/accessories
- Gym/Physical Education Uniform is Navy Blue T-Shirts with printed school logo (logo mandatory, can be purchased through the CPA of PS16) and navy blue sweat pants (logo not mandatory). Sneakers are REQUIRED for Gym Class (wearing inappropriate footwear for Gym class will result in a student not participating)
*School uniforms can be purchased through the CPA of PS16 (parent council) online or by completing the UNIFORM ORDER FORM and submitting it to your child’s teacher or a CPA member.
* Uniforms with the school logo can also be ordered online through French Toast.
INCLEMENT WEATHER DAYS
Arrival: On inclement weather days, students will line up inside the building:
- All Kindergarten students will report to the Cafeteria
- 1st -5th grade students will report to the Gym
Dismissal: All K-5 classes will be dismissed outside. Please do not report to the classrooms at dismissal for pick up.
SCHOOL WEATHER ADVISORIES & POSSIBLE CLOSINGS / DELAYS
- Robocall from the District – provided the school office has your telephone number on file. (Sometimes the call comes in as early as 5AM on the day of the snow-related closing)
- JCBOE Website – District website posts weather advisories and resulting school closings/delays on their home page
- Follow “The School District of Jersey City” on Facebook for weather advisories and all other district news
- Twitter – Follow JCBOE at https://twitter.com/jcps_district
- Call P.S. #16 Main Office starting from 7:45AM at (201) 915-6450
- Jersey City Public Schools Android App on Google Play
*Please be advised that sometimes information gets posted late, or district robocalls do not get through, therefore we recommend calling the school office to make sure. As Parent Council we will do our very best to get the information to you asap.
- To keep track of the monthly district breakfast, lunch and snack menus please visit: JCBOE School Menus
- To apply for Free / Reduced Lunch, please visit: JCBOE Food Services
JERSEY CITY PUBLIC SCHOOL LINKS