Dear Parents and Caregivers,
Jersey City Public School Superintendent Franklin Walker posted a health update today, on March 11, 2020. There will be some changes that will be implemented beginning this Friday, March 13, 2020. Following up on these recommendations:
- PS16 Annex at Danforth “Bring Your Parent to School Day” and “Parent Breakfast”, originally scheduled for March 18, 2020, is now postponed to a later date. Once the date is confirmed, we will share that information.
- At this time we are continuing our After School Program as planned until the district advises otherwise.
“In order to maintain a safe and healthy environment for our students, we continue to review and update our COVID-19 prevention protocols. As a result, the following changes will be implemented beginning this Friday.
- – All visitors to our schools including parents must have an appointment;
– Early Childhood registration will be placed on hold until further notice;
– Students that are ill must continue to remain home;
– During this health emergency, all students coming from another country will be required to have a 14-day self-quarantine period before registration;
We will continue to review the recommendations from the Health Department and that may require that we ask scheduled visitors a series of health-related questions before entering the building.
Thank you for your patience and support as we continue to implement safety procedures that will minimize everyone’s exposure to potentially unsafe conditions.”
Please visit JCBOE website for this health update.